Just a quick post about what I have been thinking about lately and what changes I have implemented because of a few conversations with smart friends and some tedx videos.
So we all live in a very distractive environment. Eveything around us fight for our attention. Notifications, buzzers, people, eveything wants to get our attention. I order to stay focused and driven (especially during grinding and/or studying) we should try to limit those distractions.
It was always a problem of mine. Being on facebook, skype, discord, watching youtube motivation video or just browsing while loading my session. Since 2-3 months, I took a approach that I am going to limit those distractions one by one. At this very moment I can tell that I have achieved almost 100% of my plan. So what exactly did I do? Presession I:
- meditate with headspace, go through 100 spots on snapshove and play 1 session on lumocity (brain teasing app)
- close all tabs in firefox. I only have sharkscope and random number generator tab open
- close skype and discord
- turn off the internet on mobile devices
- play music from random playlists on spotify (deep house etc, preferably with no lyrics at all)*
- start reging sngs
* music without lyrics or with very limited ammount is not taking too much of our focus as our brain doesn't have to concentrate additionally on lyrics and understanding/interpreting them. This also applies for listening to podcast or twitch while playing. We waste way too much mental energy on that. And obviously I was guilty of doing this in the past.
I am really happy with my routine so far and I just though that I am gonna share it with you guys. For all that don't really believe that being a little distracted hurts their winrates - just try to avoid them for 2-3 sessions. You will see the difference and never look back.
Social media and all BS that goes with it.
There is so much information about how bad social media is for our development, self esteem and productivity. However, everyone is on it regardless. I am gonna post some links about social media impact below.
In general, my take on this is that it is very counter productive to spend even a little time on any platform. It doesn't bring any value and all it does is broadcast fake reality and make us depressed. People only post good stuff, interesting moments and generally when they have accomplished something or went on holidays. Then there are us, scrolling through all that information about how perfect and fulfilling our friends' lifes are and we sit at home being miseaurable watching all that happening around us.
I was guilty of having these thoughts before and I was also spending way too much time on facebook and instagram. I wasn't even involved that much. Not posting, just scrolling and judging. Looking back, I feel embaressed and really sad that it was such a huge part of my life. Yes, you guessed it. I deleted all social media platforms and I never felt eager to come back really. For all of you needing proof to what I am saying, please watch some vids and tell me what you think Peace!